The ISHLT2024 Scientific Program is designed to highlight the multidisciplinary nature of ISHLT, showcasing the latest scientific advances and groundbreaking research presentations as well as symposia sessions on hot topics of interest around the globe.
The Scientific Program is divided into two sections, described below. Refer to the key dates for this year’s timeline and deadlines.
- Symposia Sessions
- ► Symposia sessions are submitted in June by ISHLT members and peer reviewed in July by volunteers from each of ISHLT’s four Interdisciplinary Networks.
- ► The Program Planning Committee works in August and September to evaluate, select, and refine the best symposia sessions for inclusion in the program.
- ► The Preliminary Program, which includes details of the symposia and general sessions, will be available online on 1 December.
- Abstract Sessions
- ► The Abstract Submission site opens in August and closes in mid-October. Submissions are welcome from members and non-members alike.
- ► Submitted abstracts undergo peer review in October-November.
- ► The Program Planning Committee works in November-December to evaluate and select the best abstracts for presentation in oral, mini oral, and poster sessions.
||Abstract Submission Opens
||Symposium Sessions Finalized by Program Committee
||Abstract Submission Site Closes (11:59 p.m. EDT)
|October – November
||Symposia Faculty Invitations Sent
|24 October - 7 November
||Abstract Review Period
||Preliminary Program Released Online
||Program Committee Abstract Selection Meetings
||Abstract Status Notifications Sent
||Accepted Abstract Presentation Invitations Sent
||Final Program Released Online (Abstracts Embargoed)
||Abstract Presentation Confirmation/Withdrawal Deadline
||Abstract Embargo Lifted