COVID-19: Information for Transplant Professionals
ISHLT is compiling resources for transplant professionals related to the global COVID-19 outbreak. Email us at email@example.com with suggestions for additional resources.
ISHLT COVID-19 Therapeutics Guidance
(4 April, 2023)
The latest update from ISHLT's COVID-19 Task Force, this document will review the available literature and make current recommendations on the use of these therapies in this at-risk population.
ISHLT/AST/ASTS Joint Statement About COVID-19 Vaccination In Organ Transplant Candidates and Recipients
(16 November, 2022)
The joint ISHLT/AST/ASTS statement on COVID-19 vaccines consists of the latest details and recommendations on vaccinations in organ transplant candidates and recipients, including updates from the Ethics Committee on vaccine access and institutional policies.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis in Heart and Lung Transplant Candidates and Recipients
(17 October, 2022)
This statement includes background information and recommendations on COVID-19 vaccination and pre-exposure prophylaxis in heart and lung transplant candidates and recipients.
Deceased donor and recipient selection for cardiothoracic transplantation during the COVID-19 pandemic
(14 April, 2022)
- ISHLT Guidance for Cardiothoracic Transplant and VAD Centers (Updated 1 February, 2023) regarding SARS CoV-2 infection and COVID-19 is a living guidance document from an international workgroup.
- CMS Adult Elective Surgery and Procedures Recommendations (April 2020) include a tiered framework to inform health systems as they consider resources for surgical services and procedures.
- Protocols for Personal Protective Equipment
COVID Updates and Controversies Town Hall
Hosted by a number of transplant organizations from around the world, this webinar shared experiences to date and respond to the community's questions about COVID-19 and the vaccine. Topics included:
- Transplanting COVID-Positive Donor Organs
- Vaccines-Breakthrough infection, third doses, other ways to protect transplant patients, pros/cons of serologic testing, and vaccine mandates
View the recording on YouTube.
COVID-19: Organ Donation and Transplant Town Hall
A number of transplant organizations from around the world, including ISHLT, have partnered to present a COVID-19 webinar for the organ donation and transplantation communities. Our goal is to share experiences to date and respond to your questions about the impact of COVID-19 on organ donation and transplantation.