The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) is a not-for-profit, multidisciplinary, professional organization dedicated to improving the care of patients with advanced heart or lung disease through transplantation, mechanical support and innovative therapies via research, education and advocacy.
Who We Are
- ISHLT is an international and multidisciplinary professional society representing the members of the broad health care delivery teams engaged in the management of patients with end stage heart or lung disease.
- Our membership of over 3,000 individuals is drawn from more than 50 countries.
- Our members practice in more than 23 different specialty areas. Within ISHLT, they are organized into 10 Professional Communities where they network, share expertise, and advance knowledge in their specialty as it relates to the mission of
- The members of the Professional Communities are the source of scientific and medical content expertise for all ISHLT programs and services.
- The Professional Communities are the entry point for members to engage in ISHLT.
- Nonmembers may access the Professional Communities via ISHLTconnect, our online discussion board platform.
How We Practice
- We leverage the value of our multidisciplinarity to deliver on our mission by organizing into 4 core therapy/disease-focused practice areas called Interdisciplinary Networks:
- This interdisciplinary focus is a unique aspect of ISHLT and a primary value for our members and industry partners as it brings all decision makers (surgeons, physicians, allied health professionals, and scientists) together to solve problems
in managing advanced heart and lung disease.
- Each Network is comprised of members from each professional specialty according to their therapy/disease area of practice. Within each Network, these members address their professional needs and the needs of their patients from a truly interdisciplinary
perspective that mirrors how care is delivered in the modern era.
- These Interdisciplinary Networks, each led by a multidisciplinary Steering Committee, ensure that the mission and purposes of the Society and all of the activities pursued by the Society (education, research, publications) are reflective of the perspectives of the entire health care delivery team.
What We Do
- We pursue our mission through three primary areas of activity:
- ISHLT’s educational activities include:
- ISHLT’s research activities include:
- ISHLT’s publications include:
How We Govern
- Board of Directors
- Oversight Committees
- Education Oversight Committee
- Publications Oversight Committee
- Research Oversight Committee
- Leadership Advisory Forum