2018 ANNUAL MEETING AND SCIENTIFIC SESSIONSCONTINUING EDUCATION INFORMATION:
.ACCME Accreditation Statement
The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians and allied health professionals.CME Credit Designation Statement
ISHLT designates this live activity for a maximum of 29 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM
. Participants should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.ABTC Accreditation
The ABTC Board of Governors has granted a total of 29 Category 1 Continuing Education Points for Transplant Certification (CEPTC) to the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation's ISHLT 38th Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions.Nurses and Pharmacists
Accreditation Statement - In support of improving patient care, this activity has been planned and implemented by Amedco and the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. Amedco is jointly accredited by the American Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Credit Designation Statement - Amedco designates this live activity for a maximum of 29 contact hours for nurses and 17 contact hours for pharmacists. Learners should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.2018 FINAL PROGRAM IS HERE! Available in the following formats:
Please visit the webpage to access.GENERAL MEETING INFORMATION:
The ISHLT 38th Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions will be held at the Palais des Congrès Nice Acropolis, 1 Esplanade Kennedy, Nice, France. Please note the following important information about changes and new offerings associated with the Nice meeting.
AFFILIATE EVENT REQUESTS
- The registration fees include a mandatory 20% French value-added tax. Please note that VAT taxes for registration fees paid by corporations with a VAT number or a Tax ID number may be reclaimed from the French government. VAT paid by individuals may not be reclaimed.
- Tickets to the President's Cocktail Reception are not included with registration and must be purchased in advance via the registration process. Tickets will NOT be available for sale on site and attendance at the Reception is limited to 1000. The ticket price on the registration form represents a significantly discounted price, not the actual cost of the event.
- Hotel reservations must be made online via La Maison by GTS. The ISHLT room blocks are being held only through January, so please book early.
- Your paid registration fee includes a 5-day transportation pass. This pass provides free transport on the Métropole Nice Côte d'Azur public transport network (bus and tramway) throughout Nice from Tuesday through Saturday. Transportation passes will be distributed from the registration desk beginning on Tuesday afternoon.
- Hotel rates in Nice usually include taxes and breakfast.
- The scientific sessions will begin each day at 8:30 AM. We will not conduct any sunrise symposia at the Nice meeting, however Council meetings will take place from 7:15–8:15 AM. Coffee and croissants will be provided in the exhibit hall each morning from 8:00–8:30 AM.
Application for all affiliate events (see below for explanation of an ) involving ISHLT meeting delegates and being held in the Nice area between and including Monday, April 9, 2018 and Saturday, April 14, 2018 must be made using the Affiliate Event Request Form
. Please review the form for restricted times. Once an event is approved, all subsequent arrangements regarding the event must be made by the event organizer directly with the venue.There are 2 types of
- Meetings and events that are not sponsored, funded, or organized by industry and that are not product-focused. Such events include meetings and events organized for university groups, special interest groups, etc.
- Meetings of ISHLT workforces, taskforces, writing groups, etc., other than the annual committee and council meetings which are already on the official meeting schedule.
NOTE 1: All meetings and events sponsored, funded or organized by commercial interests
that include participation by medical or allied health professionals, including clinical trial investigator meetings, scientific advisory board meetings, social events, educational activities, etc. are considered Corporate Events
. A Corporate Event Application Form must be submitted to receive approval for such an event. You can access the application form on the Commercial & Promotional Support
NOTE 2: Private offices are available for rent for the duration of the meeting via the Promotional/Marketing Opportunities Order Form, available in the Commercial and Promotional Support Materials document. You can access these materials on the Commercial & Promotional Support
page.PRESIDENT'S COCKTAIL RECEPTION:This event is SOLD OUT.
LE NEGRESCO is one of the most unique hotels in the world. A famous Belle Époque landmark that graces the Promenade des Anglais, the hotel has welcomed celebrities and heads of state for overw 100 years. The owner, Madame Jeanne Augier, reinvigorated the hotel with luxurious decorations and furnishings, including an outstanding art collection and rooms with mink bedspreads.
The hotel-cum-museum has been listed as a Historical Monument since 1974, and is home to 3000 objets d'art including 1600 original paintings (one of three full-length portraits of Louis XIV is in the Versailles Ballroom, the other two being the Louvre and Versailles). The spectacular Baccarat 16,309-crystal chandelier in the Negresco's Royal Lounge was commissioned by Czar Nicholas II who, due to the October revolution, was unable to take delivery.
Noted for its doormen dressed in the manner of the staff in 18th-century elite bourgeois households, the hotel also offers renowned Michelin 2-star gourmet dining at the Regencystyle Le Chantecler restaurant.
Normally, access to the hotel and its artworks is limited to guests of the hotel. This gala will provide a special opportunity for ISHLT members to visit this unique venue.Tickets are not included with the registration fee and must be purchased in advance. Tickets will not be sold on-site. Attendance is limited to 1000.DISCLOSURE:
Current guidelines state that participants in continuing medical and allied health profession education activities must be made aware of any affiliation or financial interest that may affect the program content or a speaker’s presentation. Planners, Faculty and Chairs participating in this meeting are required to disclose to the program audience any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest related to the content of their presentations or service as Chair/Planner. These disclosures will be distributed at the meeting. Additionally, all speakers have been asked to verbally disclose at the start of their presentation any financial interest or affiliations and to indicate if a product they are discussing is not labeled for the use under discussion or is still investigational.EDUCATIONAL NEED:
Because of the rapid advances in patient health care in general and end-stage heart and lung disease management in particular, professionals are in need of regular opportunities to update and maintain their knowledge of advances and changes in the field. This meeting is designed to address their needs.EDUCATIONAL GOALS:
The educational goals of this activity are to enable participants to learn about current practices, emerging technologies, and medical advances related to end-stage heart and lung disease and to provide a forum for participants to engage in discussion, debate, and examination regarding the efficacy and applicability of these current practices, emerging technologies, and medical advances.TARGET AUDIENCE:
The International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation is a leading organization providing education for medical professionals involved in the care and treatment of patients with end-stage heart and lung disease. The audience for this program includes physicians, surgeons, scientists, pharmacists, nurses, transplant coordinators and other allied health and social science professionals engaged in the management and treatment of heart and lung transplant recipients, the management and treatment of patients with end-stage heart or lung disease, basic science or clinical research related to these fields, or other specialties which cause them to become involved in the treatment of transplant recipients or patients with end-stage heart or lung disease.LEARNING OBJECTIVES:
2018 PRELIMINARY PROGRAM
- At the conclusion of this meeting, participants will have improved competence and professional performance in the areas of understanding the latest information and approaches regarding transplant research, surgical techniques, medical therapies, donor management and patient management for the treatment of patients suffering from end-stage heart and lung disease.
- At the conclusion of this meeting, participants will have improved competence and professional performance in the areas of understanding the state-of-the-art treatment approaches, risk factors, risk management approaches, patient selection criteria, disease prevention strategies, outcome implications, and psychosocial management strategies for patients with end-stage heart and lung failure.
- At the conclusion of this meeting, participants will have improved competence and professional performance in the areas of understanding emerging technologies, medical advances, and the clinical applications of basic science models of end-stage heart and lung disease management and prevention.
- (printer friendly)
- (great for Android users)
The 2018 Preliminary Program
has everything you need to help you start planning your trip to beautiful Nice, France, this coming April! The brochure is packed with information on meeting registration, hotel reservations, CME, program highlights, schedule at-a-glance, timetables, Academies and Annual Meeting invited program content, as well as plenty of enticing photos and descriptions of what Nice has to offer.