After the submission deadline, completed abstracts will be peer reviewed. To ensure the integrity of the review process, revisions will not be accepted after the submission deadline. All abstracts will be blinded for review, i.e. reviewed without knowledge of the author(s), institution(s) or disclosure information.
Abstract Selection and Presentation Formats
The Program Planning Committee will convene in mid-November through early December to select abstracts and determine the presentation format: Featured, Oral, Mini-Oral, or Poster.
- Featured Presentation:
- Authors of the highest scoring abstracts appealing to the widest audience are invited to give a featured presentation in a Plenary Session.
- The presenter will have 12 minutes for their presentation followed by 3 minutes of questioning by an expert discussant.
- Oral Presentation:
- Authors whose work is selected for oral presentation are scheduled in a 105-minute Oral Session organized by theme.
- Each session will include seven 15-minute presentations.
- Each presenter will have 10 minutes for the presentation, followed by 5 minutes of discussion and questions from the audience, moderated by the session co-chairs.
- Mini-Oral Presentation:
- Authors whose work is selected for mini oral presentation are scheduled in a 60-minute Mini Oral Session organized by theme.
- Each session will include twelve 5-minute presentations.
- The Mini Oral presentation is meant to be a "rapid fire" summation of the key learning points of the study.
- Each presenter will have 3 minutes for presentation (introductory information should be excluded) followed by 2 minutes for discussion and questions from the audience, moderated by the session co-chairs.
- Poster Presentation:
- Authors whose work is selected for poster presentation are scheduled in one-day Poster Sessions Tuesday through Thursday.
- Assigned posters will be displayed for viewing during the day, and presenters will stand beside their posters during the evening one-hour poster presentation time.
- Designated Poster Discussants will circulate through the poster hall to engage poster presenters in quality discussions of their work.
Notification of Acceptance or Rejection
Presenting authors of submitted abstracts will receive a status notification of acceptance or rejection on December 18, 2020
. By the end of December, presenting authors of all accepted abstracts will receive a presentation invitation including presentation date, session assignment, and format (oral, mini oral or poster presentation). All presentations must be confirmed by January 27, 2021