Research Fellowship Grant Award
ISHLT issues one annually in the amount of . The funding period is for one year. View Current Grants & Scholarships Recipients
View Past Research Fellowship RecipientsAPPLICATION:
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Megan Barrett at 972-490-9495 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Research Fellowship awards are aimed to support trainees in basic, clinical or translational research in transplantation or mechanical circulatory support in a mentored environmentELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
FUNDING STIPULATIONS/AWARD POLICIES
- The applicant and the applicant's chief of staff/research project director must be members of the ISHLT in good standing at the time of application and throughout the period of funding.
- The applicant must be in a clinical or post-doctoral training program and not yet have attained Board certification/accreditation/faculty level appointment (Assistant Professor equivalent or above)/salaried senior staff position (or equivalent) during the period of the award.
- Research must begin between April 1 and December 31 of the award year.
- The results of funded research must be submitted in one of the following formats within two years of the initial date of funding:
• as a manuscript to the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
• as an abstract for the ISHLT Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions
• as a report for publication in the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- The results of funded research cannot have been previously published or presented prior to publication in the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation or presentation at the ISHLT Annual Meeting.
- ISHLT must be acknowledged as a funding source in all manuscripts and presentations derived from the funded research via the following statement, "This work was supported by a research award from the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation." Copies of these publications must be submitted to the ISHLT Headquarters office.
- Funding will be awarded in two portions. 50% of the funding will be provided initially, with the remaining 50% provided upon submission of a progress report to the Awards Committee 6 months after the date of initial funding. The second installment of funding will not be made if the research is no longer being conducted at the original institution.
- The award recipient's institution agrees that the funds will be expended for the purpose(s) described in the application, that there is no duplicate funding for these purposes, and that no portion of the award will be used to pay for indirect costs or institutional overhead. ISHLT funds may not be used for the purchase of capital equipment.
- The award recipient or his/her research project director must be present at the Awards Session at the ISHLT Annual Meeting to receive acknowledgment of the award.