The specific mission of IMACS is the promotion of scientific investigations and publications based on analyses of this multinational database, providing the opportunity for an international array of authors to collaborate in Registry investigations, presentations, and publications.
The primary goal of the IMACS Registry is to create, implement and analyze a registry that contains high standards for complete enrollment of patients and complete and accurate submission of MCSD data that allows participating centers to engage in important outcomes research about mechanical support devices.
- To capture worldwide data relating to the implantation and outcome of patients receiving cardiac assist devices designed for and capable of use for 30 or more days
- To identify risk factors for complications
- To improve patient selection and management before and after device implantation
- To generate predictive models of outcome for given patient profiles
- To generate statistical analyses of the data that can be used as the underlying evidence/ justification for government agency funded studies and clinical trials
- To identify overall and best practices with the aim of improving current practices