Boards & Committees - Standards and Guidelines
STANDARDS AND GUIDELINES COMMITTEE
in La Jolla A of the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel, San Diego, CA, USA, during the ISHLT 37th Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions
As part of our mission, ISHLT engages in the regular development of guidelines, consensus documents, standards statements, and policy statements regarding end-stage heart disease, end-stage lung disease, heart transplantation, and lung transplantation. A complete list of these documents that ISHLT has published, co-authored, and/or endorsed is listed below, organized by date of publication. Free access to the full text of most of the below documents is available by clicking on the titles.
All ISHLT standards and guidelines are required to follow these protocols and policies.
Visit the Guidelines
page to see the published ISHLT Guidelines, Standards Statements, Policy Statements, and Consensus Documents since 1998.
- The Standards and Guidelines Committee shall consist of a Vice-Chair appointed by the Board of Directors, a Chair who shall rotate into the position after serving as Vice-Chair, and the Immediate Past Chair.
- Vice Chair and Past Chair terms are one year each. The Chair serves a 2 year term. The leader of each Scientific Council Standards and Guidelines Workforce shall serve on the Committee.
- The Committee Chair may appoint up to three at large committee members to each serve a two-year term for the purpose of ensuring broad geographic representation on the Committee.
- Identify the need to update existing standards and guidelines and to develop new standards and guidelines relevant to the mission of the Society.
- Maintain a calendar for the regular review/revision of existing standards and guidelines and for the development of new standards and guidelines.
- Develop and revise, as needed, criteria to which all ISHLT standards and guidelines documents must adhere.
- Develop and revise, as needed, policies regarding content of standards and guidelines documents.
- Refer suggestions and recommendations for standards and guidelines documents and consensus conferences to the appropriate Scientific Councils for development into formal proposals.
- Review proposals for standards and guidelines documents and consensus conferences generated by the Scientific Councils.
- Act as liaison between the Scientific Councils, the proposed standards and guideline document authors and consensus conference organizers, the Finance Committee, the Executive Director, and the Board to facilitate presentation of well-structured proposals for the Board’s consideration, with appropriate budget proposals.
- Act as liaison with the Journal editor to keep him/her aware of timelines, topics, and length of proposed standards and guidelines documents to facilitate appropriate and timely publication strategies.
- Coordinate with the staff regarding external distribution/public awareness of ISHLT standards and guidelines and the publication of standards and guidelines in other-language journals.
- Coordinate with the Education Committee Chair and Annual Meeting Program Committee Chair regarding the development of educational activities to disseminate information/training about new standards and guidelines.
- Provide initial review of requests from other organizations to co-sponsor or endorse standards and guidelines or consensus conferences relevant to the mission of the society and make recommendations to the Board regarding such.
COMMITTEE VICE CHAIR:
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
Cleveland, OH, USA
BOARD OF DIRECTORS LIAISON:
The Prince Charles Hospital
ISHLT STAFF LIAISON:
University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, California, USA
Addison, TX, USACOUNCIL WORKFORCE LEADERS:
University of Texas
Houston, TX, USA
University of Mississippi
Jackson, MS, USA
Northwestern University/Feinberg School of Medicine
Chicago, IL, USA
Catholic University of Leuven
Massachusetts General Hospital
Boston, MA, USA
University of Chicago Medical Center
Chicago, IL, USA
Mayo Clinic Rochester
Rochester, MN, USA
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Boston Children's Hospital
Boston, MA, USA
University of Colorado School of Pharmacy
Aurora, CO, USA
Inova Fairfax Hospital
Falls Church, VA, USA
University of Washington
Seattle, WA, USAAT LARGE MEMBERS: