Awards - Applications - Career Development Application
|ISHLT GRANTS AND AWARDS PROGRAM|
ISHLT issues one every other year. Each award is in the amount of $80,000. The funding period is for two years ($40,000 per year).
The will be available in November 2013.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Phyllis Glenn at 972-490-9495 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The applicant must be a member of the ISHLT in good standing at the time of application and throughout the period of funding.
- The applicant must have completed post-graduate training (post PhD or, for clinicians, post Board certification/accreditation/staff appointment) and must have completed such training no more than 5 years prior to the date of application.
- The applicant must have an academic appointment at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- The applicant must not have already received extramural funding for the same period from any other granting agency. Simultaneous internal funding for the recipient's institution/department is permitted if it is not for the same or closely related research.
- Research must begin between April 1 and December 31 of the award year.
- The results of funded research must be submitted in one of the following formats within three years of the initial date of funding:
• as a manuscript to the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
• as an abstract for the ISHLT Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions
• as a report for publication in the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- The results of funded research cannot have been previously published oir presented prior to publication in the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation or presentation at the ISHLT Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions.
- ISHLT must be acknowledged as a funding source in all manuscripts and presentations derived from the funded research via the following statement: "This work was supported by a research award from the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation." Copies of these publications must be submitted to the ISHLT Headquarters office.
- Funding will be awarded in four portions. 25% of the funding will be disbursed intially, with the remaining balance disbursed in 25% increments upon submission of a satisfactory progress report to the Awards Committee every 6 months after the data of initial funding. Continuing installments of funding will not be made if the research is no longer being conducted at the original institution.
- The award recipient and the award recipient's institution agree that the funds will be expenses for the purpose(s) described in the application, that there is not duplicate funding for these purposes, and that no portion of the award will be used to pay for indirect costs or institutional overhead.
- The award recipient or his/her research project director must be present at the Awards Session of the Annual Meeting to receive acknowledgment of the award.